by Maria Campbell on March 27, 2017, in Other • No Comments
The simple act of putting one foot in front of the other grants us great independence and freedom, its quite a liberating gift! Furthermore, it provides natural health benefits for mind, body and soul. A brisk walk in the fresh air clears the mind during times of stress, improves physical health and promotes balanced wellbeing.
The Wonders of Walking:
- Repetitive strides boost energy and reduce stress levels.
- Regular physical activity regulates sleep, appetite and digestion.
- It clears the mind and supports positive perspective.
- Effective in treating mild and moderate anxiety, even depression.
- Connects us with our natural instincts and promotes mindfulness.
- A great social activity for meeting new people and making friends.
- 20-30 minutes each day can be easily incorporated into everyday life.
- Flexibility and freedom to go at leisure or speed depending on fitness goals.
REASONS TO WALK YOUR WAY: Toward Balanced Wellbeing…
- Balance: Promotes a sense of wellbeing by releasing endorphins that support level mood and positive sleep/wake patterns whilst clearing stress and anxiety.
- Natural: We were built to move so this natural act enables us to explore, connect & find comfort in our surroundings. It also keeps muscles and joints flexible and strong resulting in less aches and pains.
- Community: Walking in groups is great for social connection and overcoming feelings of isolation. It can bring positive and healthy routine to a person’s life as well as providing a sense of belonging, which is integral to wellbeing.
- Immunity: A simple carefree activity that boosts productivity, energy, heart health and circulation. A great way to start the day, take a break and unwind.
- Low Impact: Walking is suitable for anyone of all fitness levels; it can be done anywhere and can be adapted to suit an individual’s need. Also, it assists those recovering from injury or illness. Walking builds bone mass and protects against Osteoporosis.
- Strength: When we walk, we engage core muscles that protect the torso and vital organs. Building core strength results in better balance, flexibility and overall strength. It’s fantastic for toning all parts of the body too!
Walk yourself well.